First State Challenge (FSC) 2014 Completion Rules
(Cachers may find FSC-2014 caches without completing the Challenge)
- FSC-2014 will begin on September 27, 2014.
- You must find 7 Caches in each of the 3 areas and log them, both at the cache location (Log Book) and online at geocaching.com.
- The 3 areas are:
– Area 1: Northern Delaware
– Area 2: Central Delaware
– Area 3: Southern Delaware
- Record the code phrase written in the log book of each hide and send a scan, email attachment, or a photo of your completed list of all your code phrases to FirstStateChallenge@aol.com
- For your convenience, there is a downloadable FSC-2014 Cache Form
- The use of the FSC-2014 Cache Form is NOT mandatory, but all of the information on it must be submitted.
- There will be a FSC-2014 Celebration Event (GC5BY19) held on Saturday, November 1, 2014 from 1 PM to 4 PM in Dover. The event is open to all cachers whether or not they have found any of the FSC-2014 Caches. At this event, those that have been verified as completing the challenge, will be eligible for the following:
– Completion certificate
– Able to purchase 1 (one) 2014 Delaware geocoin for the reduced price of $7*(while supplies last)
To be eligible for the above, all forms MUST be sent to FirstStateChallenge@aol.com by Wednesday October 29, 2014 at 8PM. No forms can be accepted after this time!
- Coins may be limited to the first 100 cachers who complete the challenge.
- The count of remaining coins can be found here
– If you qualify and desire a coin but cannot attend the FSC Celebration Event, you may have someone that attends the Celebration Event purchase and pick-up the geocoin for you. You must email FirstStateChallenge@aol.com by Tuesday October 28, 2014 at Midnight with the name of the person picking up your coin (Please use Subject: Alternate Coin Pick-up)
-If you desire the coin to be mailed to you, you must send $10 ($7 for coin + $3 S&H) to:
14 Barnard St
Newark, DE 19711
Only 1 coin may be purchased per geocaching account. (Use of multiple accounts to obtain coins is prohibited.)
Note: Delaware Geocachers is responsible for all interpretations and changes of the rules and may do so as is necessary.