Real Name: Gail Ashe
1. How did you become involved in geocaching?
My sister-in-law told me about it when we were on vacation together in Georgia.
I didn’t check it out until I got back to Delaware, little did I know I was driving through five states I could have been caching in!
2. How did you choose your caching name?
The twins had just finished hunting school and they were born in 04. I thought that geocaching would be strictly for them – boy was I wrong.
3. What type of cache do you prefer seeking – traditional, multi, and puzzle, virtual?
Definitely not multis – virtuals are fun because they take you to some unique places but I would say traditionals are my favorites.
4. Which caches were the most challenging, either physically/mentally?
I love the challenging hiking and climbing caches.
The puzzle caches could take or leave.
5. What are your current geocaching goals?
To cache with my friends as much as possible! Would have been nice to hit 3,000 this year but that’s not going to happen.
6. Where have you always wanted to go caching but haven’t?
Central Park, NY City – Arches and Bridges
I read that cache description about two years ago and have wanted to go ever since. (one day I’ll convince my geo-buddies to go)
7. What is your most memorable caching experience?
So many memorable experiences as I am sure all people say but the one that I enjoyed most was the 1st Metro Mega in NJ. OliversOuting and I went to Duke Farm on our way up to the event. It was a chilly beautiful fall day. Easy puzzles and great traditionals throughout the property and at the end we were rewarded with a Path Tag. Perfect caching day.
I almost forgot HQ was awesome! Oregon and Washington were stunning.
8. What do you like about geocaching?
The best part of geocaching is the friendships I have made – hands down!
9. Do you have some favorite caches in the area?
Your Key to Cache – was one of first we did as a family
Waypointed told me it was a must do with the kids.
Raiders of the lost cache in PA
Went to an event there in September two years ago
Lots of fun biking that with MartinMitchell
10. Do you have any other hobbies or interests?
I like to run, spend time with family and friends, cook and read.
Love getting away to new places